Notable projects in 2018
In 2018, Q-Park France won the Boulogne-sur-Mer city tender to develop and manage the car park at the Nausicaá National Sea Centre. This is the biggest aquarium in Europe and features a touch pool, sharks, sea lions and penguins as well as a tropical lagoon with colourful coral.
Boulogne-sur-Mer wanted to expand the number of parking spaces and modernise its parking facilities to ensure better traffic flow around the harbour area and visitor centre.
Figure 2 Nausicaá National Sea Centre
Q-Park is responsible for developing and managing the new Nausicaá car park which is required to accommodate visitors coming by car to the extended Centre National de la Mer. The new parking facility will have almost 800 parking spaces and will replace the existing facility which has only 200 spaces.
Q-Park’s investment exceeds EUR 6 million, with an additional EUR 1 million annually for upkeep and maintenance.
- Separate car and pedestrian traffic routes
- Clear signage to guide motorists and pedestrians, inside and outside the parking facility
- State-of-the-art parking management system
- Parking facility decorated in keeping with the aquarium destination
- Parking Hosts and 24/7 connection to French QCR
- E-charging stations
- Special tariffs for Nausicaá visitors via pre-booking or ticket validation on location
- Fire detection and video surveillance equipment